Sunday 17 February 2008

twitter witter

If you blog hop you will have seen the latest gadget that mike has put on his blog.

Twitter.

Wikipedia defines twitter as:-

“Twitter is a free social networking and micro-blogging service that allows users to send "updates" (or "tweets"; text-based posts, up to 140 characters long) to the Twitter website, via short message service, instant messaging, or a third-party application such as Twitterrific. “

And Twitter tells it like this

What?
Twitter is a service for friends, family, and co–workers to communicate and stay connected through the exchange of quick, frequent answers to one simple question: What are you doing?
Why?
Because even basic updates are meaningful to family members, friends, or colleagues-especially when they’re timely.
Eating soup? Research shows that moms want to know.
Running late to a meeting? Your co–workers might find that useful.
Partying? Your friends may want to join you.
How?
With Twitter, you can stay hyper–connected to your friends and always know what they’re doing. Or, you can stop following them any time. You can even set quiet times on Twitter so you’re not interrupted.

Twitter puts you in control and becomes a modern antidote to information overload.

Ok curiosity got the better of this sheep and I had to follow as instructed.

It was late on Friday when I took my first look and I came away none the wiser..! and with only 140 characters - I guess it’s really for those that talk in short sentences :(

It’s easy to use and I love the twitter blocks purely coz I love a gadget (I haven’t worked out why it’s necessary but its cool) Visual 3D things always capture my imagination!

Has my life improved since I discovered twitter?

No of course not I spend 24/7 looking after my delightful 20 month old twins, so what can I possibly twitter about? I suppose that all means is, I don’t suffer with “information overload”

(Some would say that's obvious! - I lead a sheltered life!)

Maybe I’m at that point in my life where the voyeuristic tendencies younger people seem to have, have been quashed?

Ironic that we need is to clutter even our virtual space with all this junk!

If you need to check out my witter you will need to hop to “just a mum” – the si-fi babe in me couldn’t clutter Breeda-Prime with something I wouldn’t (except for curiosity :) ) bother with.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

L U L!!

Nonsensical twittering is what you and I do best and one of the many numerous things we have in common! Twitter away sweetie!

x

Mike said...

Junk?! How rude ;)

It is surprisingly addictive, particularly if you convince a few friends to sign up. Try following Madamezee for a daily (and slightly silly) horoscope :)

Sam said...

I don't mean huge great pieces of space junk! but will this stuff be around in years to come?

and

If you had the patience could you piece together a whole conversation?

I just think its high speed and watching these fragments of your life and crowd is mind blowing.

Add to the equation that when I’m tired I don’t read accurately and fill in the blanks; you can then see I was quite entertained to think that last night you were: -

In with the in crowd at the night van – stewed tea and bacon sarnies all round!!

P.S. Welcome to my blog!! :)

and as for dandruff.........please!

Sam said...

Thanks Sam,
Your advice is first rate as always. Have you tried twitter?